• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

degreased now it runs rough

PAUL B

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but cant find the thread. I know this has been done to death. I degreased to find the oil leak, I used Gunk all over to clean it real good then hit it with a power washer. Looks perty. Now she runs like crap, stumbels rough idel, no power, hard shifts and died once. So is it the cps, aic or aic?
93 4.0 auto.:dunce: Thanks

TPS...disributor....just about any of the sensors/ignition equipment don't take kindly to water.

Take them all out/off and make sure no water is in them.

Pull the distributor cap and hose it out with cleaner. The TPS can be easily ruined by injecting water with a pressure washer. That would mess up the shifting as well.

its the tps, I roasted mine washing teh engine 3 days after buying the jeep, same symptoms etc. swapped a new one in and all was well... I've heard you can take the old sensor off and douse it and the connector with WD-40 to clear the water and it will work again, but I didn't know that at the time so have never had the chance to try it (that was the first and last time I ever washed the heep's mill :laugh3:)

Moisture on the spark plug wires will make them arc and hard to keep the engine running. Been there done that.

I replaced the tps and that helped. It,s due a tune up I'll do that next week. Also replaced the motor mounts (they were blown) with mounts from Rusty's. Man are those mounts stiff, the jeep rocks when I rev it alittle. But I can realy feel engen vibs. I still need to replace the tranny mount. Last but not leased the catalitic converter was replaced, it ratteled like a tin can full of rocks. Thanks for the Help.

Back