• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size spacers go with....

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
hey yall i have a 89 cherokee with 3" coils up front and blocks out back. it currently sits even. i have a pair of add a leafs i plan to put on when i get my new tires, but i dont know what to do about the front- anyone done this before? i justdont know if spacers will work and if so what size? thanks

well it depends on what size AAL's your goin with. just match up a set of spacers with leaves that are approx the same

and AAL's will sag, have you thought about an extended shackle out back to replace the block or AAL

the aal's came with my 3" lift but i used the blocks instead. im guessing that i could just put a set of like 2" spacers in the font...

do you have the stock lower control arms. if so i dont think that you can put spacers in there because the lowers will hit the mounting servace on the axle that the lower control arm bolts to. i just did a 3 inch lift on mine and noticed that the axle will only drop so far before the lowers bind up in the bracket. and that was with everything disconeted. shocks. springs. swaybar. someone please correct me if im wrong because it my be possible but i wouldnt put spacers in there with stock lowers

Im predicting a snapped main leaf or a W shaped pack within a year.

Use a 1.5'' spacer, if your dead set on that setup. That will give you a bit or a rake, but if you take stuff to the trail, it will sit even.

Or, if you want to do it right, get rid of the blocks. Get a new leaf pack and if needed a shackle.

Back