• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt size request

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
i am removing my 87 BA-10. it seems to have 2 torx bolts up top the bellhousing, any one know the size so i can just buy the one? thanks for the help.

SUA SPONTE said:
i am removing my 87 BA-10. it seems to have 2 torx bolts up top the bellhousing, any one know the size so i can just buy the one? thanks for the help.

E12 "External Torx". Screws are threaded 3/8"-16, so match the length underhead (1-3/4", I think?) and buy hex heads to replace them.

5-90 said:
E12 "External Torx". Screws are threaded 3/8"-16, so match the length underhead (1-3/4", I think?) and buy hex heads to replace them.
They are 1-3/4" underhead length. Your local hardware store should have the fully threaded Grade 3 variety but I suggest using Grade 5. Typically they'll only have Grade 5 1-3/4" in a partially threaded screw that has a shoulder on it. You can easily just use a die to thread it the rest of the way though.

90PioSport99 said:
They are 1-3/4" underhead length. Your local hardware store should have the fully threaded Grade 3 variety but I suggest using Grade 5. Typically they'll only have Grade 5 1-3/4" in a partially threaded screw that has a shoulder on it. You can easily just use a die to thread it the rest of the way though.

There's no need to use a "fully-threaded" screw there - the standard sort of screw worked just fine for me.

Given a choice, I really don't like cutting threads on screws anyhow - wrecks the benefit from having a rolled thread in the first place...

Back