• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird junkyard finds.

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the junkyard yesterday looking at a 80's XJ. With a transfercase ive never seen, it had "H N L" on the tcase, and a selector switch on the console that had 2 and 4.

What tcase is this? Anything special? Seemed pretty cool.

And I saw a waggy witha 2.5 with "2.5 hurricane" on the aircleaner lid.

:p

there's nothin wrong with that t-case, it's just fine :D

the all red tail lights with chrome trim should be on that waggy...grab them suckers. I've got 2 sets and sold one mint set for $120 to a guy...made me happy cause they cost me nothing :D

and does the wagoneer have the quad headlights or stock style with the 21 slot grill?

How about my son's '95 Sport with the '88 Waggy LTD front clip, '98 ZJ LTD 16'wheels, '96 Country interior, and Chrystal Eyes taitlights. Talk about pimp my ride.....

jeepcomj said:

there's nothin wrong with that t-case, it's just fine :D

the all red tail lights with chrome trim should be on that waggy...grab them suckers. I've got 2 sets and sold one mint set for $120 to a guy...made me happy cause they cost me nothing :D

and does the wagoneer have the quad headlights or stock style with the 21 slot grill?

if it has the mighty carbed 2.5 hurricane it has the slotted drill. the really early waggy xjs that ive seen also come with some sweet low back front seats. the woodgrain dash is also pretty classy

I painted the woodgrain on my waggy dash black. ad my chrome front grill(quad headlights :D) black too. and the chrome trim around my waggy all red tail lights black

I have a complete waggy interior trim kit in light woodgrain, the quad grille off the front (no cracks it's amazing), and a few sets of tail lights. at the moment I'm debating putting all of these things on my 86 2.5 xj. the xj is getting a bored .60 over, cam'd, ported, and polished 97 3.8 camaro motor (to match the one in my comanche) too but I thought the waggy look would really set it off especially with wood grain...

Theres a junkyard in ME that will let you browse and pull your own? They won't let you in the few around here...

billyjp2 said:
if it has the mighty carbed 2.5 hurricane it has the slotted drill. the really early waggy xjs that ive seen also come with some sweet low back front seats. the woodgrain dash is also pretty classy

I want a 84 waggy..... For those seats and the front clip.
Here is the dash put in my MJ Wagoneer that I am SLOWLY working on.

138113377.jpg

I saw an old XJ once that had like a pull/push button for 4wd.

Never saw that one or one like it again.

And then I think it had a slide lever for 4hi/4lo. I forget exactly.

The wierdest find around here would be finding a D-44, I've searched everywhere around the SW VA and southern WVA area, no luck!

I've looked under 100's of XJ's, MJ's more than I care to remember.

Blaine B. said:
I saw an old XJ once that had like a pull/push button for 4wd.

Never saw that one or one like it again.

And then I think it had a slide lever for 4hi/4lo. I forget exactly.

It was in 84's with the full-time case. A pull knob on the dash for 2wd/4wd, then a sliding lever on the console for 4hi-4lo. They had CV joints rather than U-joints on the axle shafts.

Back