• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blahhh... No heat

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
Its startin to get a whee bit nippley and my heat blows cold... My a/c blows cold... of course... but I want heats.

Is my heater core bad? or do I just have some blockage?

When I got it a year ago, blew warm air, now its just cold.

Blahh

If it was a thermostat problem that would just mean the coolant wasn't getting warm enough and he would notice that in the operating temperature. You are talking about your '99, right?

Yeah, the 99... I get tons of air.. just not hot

sounds like no warm coolant flowing thru your heater core....

Yeah, it sounds like your heater core may be clogged. I am not too familiar with the 97+ heating system so I don't know.

Flush out the core. I've had to do this to my '99 the past 3 years. I blame it on the excessive amount of stop leak that was put through the system before I changed out the radiator. I unhook both lines, run water one way and then the other. I just watch the water comeing out. Starts out green and then turns clear, and that is when you reverse it. I have to do that 10 or 15 times before it seems to really clear up. I hook everything back up and yeehaw, hot air at last!

Mopar only thermostats. I have yet to have one fail. Also if engine is getting to temperature then it's not your thermostat but your heatervalve or core cleanem up.

coltmac said:
Flush out the core. I've had to do this to my '99 the past 3 years. I blame it on the excessive amount of stop leak that was put through the system before I changed out the radiator. I unhook both lines, run water one way and then the other. I just watch the water comeing out. Starts out green and then turns clear, and that is when you reverse it. I have to do that 10 or 15 times before it seems to really clear up. I hook everything back up and yeehaw, hot air at last!

I would also recommend running a radiator detergant through.. drive the vehicle for about an hour or so before cleaning out the heater core. It will really scrub away a lot of the gunk that can build up inside of it. It could also clean out the thermostat housing, all the hoses and valves within the system.

If you have time.. flush out the entire system too!

I flush my coolant once every year, just because all of the stuff we do to our Jeeps, and how hot I run it.. I always like to know I have good, clean coolant in there.. so if something goes wrong I am not forced to assume it was because of suspect coolant.

I had same issue(lukewarm,nowhere near hot heat) and decided to go out and use the heater core flush method and....10 minutes later,i've got the hottest heat ive ever had on a vehicle ive owned

Back