• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Heaters!

Freaky McPants

NAXJA Forum User
As everyone knows, the XJ heaters only blow air through the defrost vents, and the vents at your feet. My question is, has anyone figured out a mod to make heat come out of the main dash vents like a normal car?

Freaky McPants said:
As everyone knows, the XJ heaters only blow air through the defrost vents, and the vents at your feet. My question is, has anyone figured out a mod to make heat come out of the main dash vents like a normal car?
Yeah - I slide the selector to 'Vent' ...and get hot air out of the vents.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

yea....

When you do slide it to 'Vent' and it still comes out the defrost ports, then you need to find the leak in the vaccum line from the vac res under the bumper.

When I put mine on heat, it comes out at my feet.

DaffyXJ said:
When you do slide it to 'Vent' and it still comes out the defrost ports, then you need to find the leak in the vaccum line from the vac res under the bumper.

X2
mine was right behind the battery

If your A/C isn't charged, set the selector to bi-level, and it will come out at your feet and the dash vents. The A/C in my '92 hasn't worked for years, and the selector stays on bi-level.

My heater and AC all work like they should, I just dont know how to operate a simple heater control. By the way, thanks Yucca-Man. I put it to Vent and it worked like a charm.:banghead:

De nada, Freaky...it happens to all of us at one time or another.

Jim

Freaky McPants said:
My heater and AC all work like they should, I just dont know how to operate a simple heater control. By the way, thanks Yucca-Man. I put it to Vent and it worked like a charm.:banghead:

hee hee easiest fix ever! I have done equally dumb stuff i wont mention:roll:

heyhar said:
If your A/C isn't charged, set the selector to bi-level, and it will come out at your feet and the dash vents. The A/C in my '92 hasn't worked for years, and the selector stays on bi-level.

It will blow heat even if the A/C works. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
It will blow heat even if the A/C works. JIM.

Yeah, the air usually goes through the evaporator then through the heater coil so the air gets cooled then warmed. Some people still use the a/c with the heat to get moisture out of the air, like on a cold rainy day that makes the inside fog up.

Back