• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uneven trac width.

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody run a wider trac width in the rear than the front? How much of a problem did it give you? I'd like to space the rear with 1 1/8" wheel spacers since I have cro-mo axels but will the extra wide rear drive me nuts on the trails?

Why do you want the rear wider? or do you need the spacer/adapter to change bolt pattern?

I am running wider in the front by about 1.5"

TwistedSymphony said:
You will lose some turning radius.
Very true. Most vehicals are narrower in the back so they turn sharper, if you think about it it makes sense. I have a waggy 44 in the back which believe it or not is narrower than a XJ rear axle by more than an inch. I can deffinently tell a differnce in how tight it turns, it is quite noticable! I would therefore think the same would be true for a wider rear axle but the reverse effect.

old_man said:
Why do you want the rear wider? or do you need the spacer/adapter to change bolt pattern?

I am running wider in the front by about 1.5"
Just to be more stable. I've been in a couple of rollovers. CJ7 that almost broke my neck and VW converted buggy that cartwheeled 7 or 8 times to the bottom of a hill. I have a stought rear end that could handle the extra stress and it's just somthing that would make me more comfortable. I just don't want to curse the thing if it makes the tires in the way of all the trail obsticles and was wondering if it's hard to get used too.

Back