• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shoulder seat belt torque spec

90cherk

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my headliner material (less than stellar results, I could start another thread about that, ) and now I need to reattach the seat belt anchors along the roof line. Couldn't find a post anywhere on what I should torque those large torx bolts to? Does anybody know? Thanks.

I just replaced my headliner fabric and it turned out GREAT! I was shocked that something actually went right on the old XJ! I used fabric from Wal Mart along with the spray on 3M adhesive glue. Just worked with small sections and ended up with no wrinkles and it is all glued up with no sags. As far as the seatbelts torque question goes, I don't know but I would say TIGHT. Good luck

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Go to your local Pep Boyz and look for the Haynes Repair manual or Kragan for a Chilton’s. For my 88 XJ, it calls for 33 - 38 FtP for the front torx bolts depending on which manual you are using.[/FONT]

I'm guessing by the weird little marks on the head of the bolt that look like easy location marks you are supposed to tighten it to a specified ft lb and then another 1/4 or 1/2 turn. I don't think that they need to be really tight since they weren't knuckle busters to remove.

Back