• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new steering stabilizer?

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently installed my RC 4.5 lift and my 33in tires. When driving around I notice that the steering feels a little detached and when I hit bumps the steering wheel moves and I have to correct it. Also, two times when I went over rail road tracks, it started to shake very hard and I had to stop to make it stop shaking. Do I need a new steering stabilizer? My current one is stock and is very rusty. Also, which steering stabilizer should I get, stick with RC?

steering stabilizers are there to mask the true problem. if you're getting the shakes, check your trac bar and makes sure it's tight, then your front steering and suspension nuts and bolts. make sure everything is tight. you want to get a new steering stabilizer? that's cool but you still need to check everything first. as for steering stabilizers, to tell you the truth, they all tend to be the same. doesn't matter if you spend more money or not. stick with your rc one if you want or rustys or whatever. in my experience it doesn't really matter where they're concerned.

I often use the 4wd no name brand steering stab. It's a larger shock absorber than the stock one and is still less than 40 bucks.

The new stabilizer will not correct the bump steer that you feel. it may quiet the oscillations that lead to the death wobble though.

Back