• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new MJ

redxj90

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a new project this weekend, 1988 MJ short bed, completly stripped of motor and tranny, no wiring or dash. Plan on finding a donor xj for cheap and stripping it down to build this. Also got an XJ 44 fron the same guy, picked them both up for $600.
l_75f2aa08dfdd0c329272a90185fd3384.jpg

l_1f03842654f75065078016f324ea0f6e.jpg

l_18a4b804ec42276126d7c008aae69cd2.jpg

l_daa18bb41fa45c0658edd427ffdf3ada.jpg

I'll keep this thread updated as I get stuff done

please don't repaint it. that combo is awesome!

Don't plan on it. I love the way the paint scheme is, definately unique. The only painting I plan on doing is a bedliner, undercoat. and touchups. I think it would make a pretty sweet jeepspeed truck, but I'll probably build a crawler/dd out of it. With being the way it is I have alot of options on what I can do with it. I've got so much stuff going through my head with this thing.

What he didn't show you is it even has a sunroof :wstupid:
Any one in the Boise area with a spare parts XJ 87 thru 90
that you want gone let him know. Not sure where the hell he'll
stick that one yet though. I have one idea, but it may be a tight fit.

Wow I forgot what a rust free MJ looked like here lol. Nice rig that would get me a few weeks sleeping in the garage if that followed me home. Ask me how I know.:D

SWEEEEET!!!! thats a nice straight body (what I can see of it) awsome project rig....

boise49ers said:
What he didn't show you is it even has a sunroof :wstupid:
Any one in the Boise area with a spare parts XJ 87 thru 90
that you want gone let him know. Not sure where the hell he'll
stick that one yet though. I have one idea, but it may be a tight fit.

factory?
if so, it would only be the second MJ I've heard of with a factory sunroof, my 87 being the first.

Back