• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another stupid 3 link question.

sgtmack

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm going from 3" to 4.5". I'm going to build a long arm front suspension. I think I have figured out how to fit a URF style 3 link. The question is should I use bushings at the lower axle ends for a better ride, or JJ's on all the on all four lower joints so it feels more solid. I'm using rod ends on the upper.

Any advise from builds that have used either would be appreciated.

And yes, I searched. I found everything else I needed, but not much on what joints to use.

Neal

sgtmack said:
I'm going from 3" to 4.5". I'm going to build a long arm front suspension. I think I have figured out how to fit a URF style 3 link. The question is should I use bushings at the lower axle ends for a better ride, or JJ's on all the on all four lower joints so it feels more solid. I'm using rod ends on the upper.

Any advise from builds that have used either would be appreciated.

And yes, I searched. I found everything else I needed, but not much on what joints to use.

Neal

Here's a thread where I asked a similar question last year.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92217

Out of that thread, Crash had this to say:

Crash said:
If you are going with a single upper, I would use RE joints or heims everywhere.

If you are doing two uppers, I would use all rubber at the axle end. Yes, it uses some bushings, and it feels a little soft under braking, but you can only get away with less bushings if your suspension has a lot of triangulation, such that it doesn't impart very much twist on the axle tube. Does that make sense?

Back