• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking of a RE XJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX W/REAR SPR w/ a 2 inch blocks and coil spring spacers.... anyone done this before? and what would the price be to put rear coil springs in? and are they better then leafs? where can i get just the coil spring spacers. RE has the 2" blocks but i cant find the spacers. and adding 2" from a 3.5 i would just need to extend my brake lines right?

Last edited:
Rear coils? You're looking at a whole different ball o'wax there...granted there have been a few that have done it, but it's a major undertaking for a minimal gain.

Can't go wrong with the full leafpack RE 3.5" - there have been quite a few of those installed on these pages in the past.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

89heepxj said:
okay then eventually i wanna go a couple more inches so a 2" blocks and coil spacers? would they work?

Coil spacers yes blocks no, get longer shackles instead.

You may also need a SYE and new rear driveshaft...

advice great, caps not so great, makes reading somewhat annoying.

Not sure what RE springs are like, but when I went from 3" coils to 4.5" coils I noticed the longer coils were softer. Maybe thats a Rusty's thing, but if I had to do it again and knew what each rode like, I would go for the taller spring first, especially if I knew I was wanting to go taller in the end

Back