• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent turn signals

3jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
My soon to be ex has had my 2000 xy sinse may and I just got it back today. On the way home and sitting in the garage the turn signals work from 0 to 15 flashes then stop. You can turn them off and back on and repeat cycle but the longer you do this the fewer flashes you get untill they don't flash at all. All bulbs work. any ideas? Mke

Do the 4-ways work ok? The blinkers and 4-ways use the same flasher unit. Its buried up under the dash behind the kick panel under the steering column.

Guess I didn't pay attention just remove the kick panel on drivers side? I can see relays on passengers side kick panel. Thanks for the quick reply!

I should probably clearify. The panel under the steering column.
Remove plastic panel and the metal panel behind that.
Flasher is in the upper left above the opening.
Easy to find if you have it flashing and listen for it.

Found it and when they stopped flashing I flipped it with my finger and they would start again, they also stopped on the 4 way mode...off to autozone THANKS

I don't know about 2000's but my 90 has 2 flashers. If the light stays on, rather then off, then you have a bulb out somewhere or bad ground and not drawing enough power to make the flasher open then circuit.

Seems to be a somewhat common occurance on the later model XJ's....mine did it too a couple of years ago...only I had no warning. The just stopped working one way. I'd flip the signal on, it would blink once, then go solid. I had to flip the signal on and off to make it "blink".

Back