• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping toilets, any recommendations?

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We are planning a few camping trips next year and my wife has asked (told) me to make sure I get something that most women would find acceptable to use out on the trail.

I've never driven the Rubicon Trail before but I know we have to bring our waste 'home' with us. Does anyone have any product recommendations for a camping toilet that is suitable for taking on a wheeling trip?

I have this one.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10107/s-10101/p-100000179550/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000179550/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000179550
They also have an extra large capacity one.....

Get some of the blue 'breakdown" formaldehide stuff to put in the holding tank and some 'porta potty' tissue (it breaks down easier). Not the most fun job to clean when you are done (dont forget to take the gate valve apart...yuck) I use silicone spray around the sealing gaskets once I am done cleaning it. Used on a few camping trips; it's better than sitting on the ground, but not as good as a flush toilet. YMMV...:rolleyes:

John B said:
http://www.thepett.com/ This is best system IMHO.

You can buy the toilet, wagg bags, and structure seperately. I use the toilet in a different brand structure that doubles as my shower shelter

I checked it out on an online retailer's website, it looks like what I need, thanks.

Get some 1x1 angle, or tube.. make X shaped legs, connect... bolt toilet seat on top.... done... $10

xcm said:
jcr stage2 sliders work great.... without being rude about details.... it gets the job done

Pics?

dumper.jpg

peeing.jpg

pooing.jpg

Oh come on! You don't need one if you're a pointer for mere bladder relief!

Nor should you need the excuse to piss on a Dodge :D

lesslimited said:
Nor should you need the excuse to piss on a Dodge :D

Hey now, if you've got a problem with dodge, and your xj is 88 or newer piss on that too.

Vince, don't buy one. The SoCal Chapter owns a PETT system. And we may be able to borrow it for the Con trip. We did last year.

And it seems that www.cabelas.com has a better price on them.

Please nothing beats a simple DIY JOB.

What you need:
5 Gal bucket and lid.
A baby toilet seat thats meant to fit inside an adult toilet seat.
Heavy Duty trash bags

Instructions:
1.) Remove baby toilet seat and place on 5gal bucket lid.
2.) outline the walls on the baby buck seat onto the bucket lid.
3.) Cut out markings on the lid.
4.) Place toilet seat inside the lid cut out
5.) Place hd trash bag in bucket
6.) Plave lit on bucket.
7.) Remove pants to the ankles and under garmet to knees
8.) Sit on toilet seat.
9) Read the newest 4wheeler magazine and let the poo flow
10) Wipe and put you stuff back on.
11.) Remove lid and knot back.

11 east steps to making a mess free stink free pooper.

Copyright Sloat Family 2003-2007

Back