• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers?

Brewin17_2007

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 jeep cherokee and when you put it in part time 4x4 it spins both tires the same speed even if your stuck and wont move...... does this mean it has lockers

Is it the rear axle?

If so, I should have a limited slip-equipped differential. A limited slip isn't as good as a locker, since if you lift a tire on a limited slip axle that wheel will get all of the power. But limited slip is better than nothing!

No XJ left the factory with a locker, not any that were ordered by ordinary folk that is. Could be that the Previous Owner dropped a locker in, but I doubt it.

:)

Both wheels can spin when in the air. barely touch each wheel with a tow. If they all still continue to spin, you are either locked or limited slip.

Interesting...

I'm 99% sure (but could be wrong!) that no XJ had a LS (limited slip) in the front from the factory. Sounds like the previous owner may indeed have been adding goodies to your Jeep. Do both wheels always spin?

:)

Back