• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Manifold

Unearthed

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 HO AW4 with a cracked manifold ( the usual spot of course, right were two become one), welded it up today and dont plan on having that last long, and I was wondering what would be a good replacement.

1. Stock manifold (which year flows the best)
2. Header (the cheaper the better)

also my head pipe is all bent up from smashing rocks, which years will work with my application... I dont see the part in the quadratec catalogue.

This comes up quite frequently. Search for APN*. Include the asterisk as our search engine wont recognize the 3 characters of just APN. Their header was something like 120 bones I think. I got it super quick and the install was super easy. I read horror stories of others not being able to tighten some of the lower bolts. I have no clue what their issue was.

I'm guessing you're talking about a smashed down pipe? I'd just go to an exhaust shop with the old one while your rig's down and have them bend up a new one without the kink in it (assuming you're lifted enough to where the front shaft wont hit the pipe when the front ends flexed).

Last time I looked (last week) the APN was around $150 shipped. JIM.

Oizarod115 said:
check out the motor mounts, alot of times a cracked header goes hand in hand with jacked motor mounts.

X2, mine were shot and my exhaust mani is cracked. I did the motor mounts but nothing else... yet. I bought the APN header and i'm just waiting for the right time...

Back