• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EMS Offroad Hydro Assist

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
You will stil have to tap the second hole so you will need to tear it apart and clean it. Also I don't think that cap will fit in an XJ since the box is almost against the front crossmember anyway, at least not without cutting. Even then you would have to disconnect that line to take the box out.

Yeah it looks like there was some cutting on the pics. I know there have been posts about installing a ram around in the forums. A little search should yeild good results.

jmop said:
You will stil have to tap the second hole so you will need to tear it apart and clean it. Also I don't think that cap will fit in an XJ since the box is almost against the front crossmember anyway, at least not without cutting. Even then you would have to disconnect that line to take the box out.

says you tap the second hole in the cap and not the box. So would you really need to take it apart to clean if you are just tapping the cap?

It took them a while, but this is what I heard back from them
"the xj and yj have the same box...yes it would work for it, you just need to measure which cap you need, the large or small."

i replyed that they arn't the same box. One is variable with 3 bolts and other fixed with 4 and I am sure there are other differences. But does anyone know if the cap size is the same? Also what is entailed in taking the top cap off? Isn't there a rod or something connected to it?

edit: well he replyed again, faster this time and the cap sizes are the same for the YJ and XJ

Last edited:
The guy is on the ball today.

"That is correct, you can remove the top cap with nothing coming with it. Once the cap is off, you should see that the area is fairly open and you can tap the cap wherever is convenient."

now to finish my d44 and add hydro assist!!!!

Back