• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washer fluid pump

mountainbiker

NAXJA Forum User
My washer fluid won't spray! Winter is coming and I know I'm gonna have shtuff on the windshield.

I think the pump is behind the driver side fender. How do I get to it?

You didn't say what year Jeep you had. On my '87, the pumps are directly under the washer fluid tank. You just unbolt the tank and pull it out to get to them.

I know the tanks are different for other years. Best advice I can give you is to locate the lines going from the tank and follow them to the pumps.

just follow the lines from the tank to pump.

before you replace the pump, make sure you dont have a pinched line or a hole in one of the lines. on my 89 i had a hole in one of the lines in the cowl and it was dumping fluid in the cowl area and not out the hood nozzles.

Ok,

I quickly removed the backing today and saw the bottle but no pump. is the pump in front of the bottle or behind?

I would think it would be the pump and not the lines because I don't spray fluid on either windshield (front or rear).

Matt

You may be able to get to it by pulling the fender well trim and reaching up into the fender kind of a pain. my neighbors had a bad connection. Wiggled the plug and it's been working since. Would have done more but the guy owes me a few $$$$$$. lol

Anyone know if the washer fluid pump circuit is fused? I have checked my FSM and Haynes, but it is rather vague on descriptions...I assume it is fused, but am uncertain as to which fuse it could be tied into...anyone know?

rhino said:
Anyone know if the washer fluid pump circuit is fused? I have checked my FSM and Haynes, but it is rather vague on descriptions...I assume it is fused, but am uncertain as to which fuse it could be tied into...anyone know?
Yes, the washer pump curcuit is fused. Specifics regarding your year would be helpful to determine the fuse ID

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Hate to bump an old post but I am having the same problem. Both the front and rear washers are not working. 00 XJ. No sound coming from either pump

Seemed odd they both stopped at the same time. Assume it is most likely the wiring or a fuse/circuit?

The tank that the pumps are in are located between the fender and the engine compartment. The manual says to access them from the wheel well, remove the tires and remove the plastic fender liner. I need to do it too, my front pump is not working but my rear one is.
They have a step by step, you first remove one of the hoses on the bottom of the tank, let it drain into a clean bucket, then you can either remove the tank or just remove the offending pump, the front one is the one that is the lowest. If you remove the tank you need to remove the spigot or filler first, from the pics I'm not sure if it's a turn and pull or just a pull. I was going to do it this weekend but it looks like the refresh project I have with HP is going to run thru the weekend into tues.
My main concern is that it is the pump, thats fairly good price wise, I'm going to check the connectors first and make sure it's not the stalk on the column, thats a tad pricey and more involved I think.

Back