• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF next run ?

which weekend works best for you ?

• Nov 23 - 25th

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nov 30 - Dec 2nd

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Dec 7th - 9th

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
as soon as my steering is upgraded i'm ready to go dive in the snow. :laugh: We had such a great turn out, lets put it to a vote again.

Nov 23, 24 & 25 thanksgiving weekend ? (i have a 4 day weekend)

Nov 30 - Dec 2nd

Dec 7th - 9th

We ran thanksgiving weekend last year, so it's sort of a tradition. Plus i don't think ill be ready for the trips you guys have planned in early Nov. (i have MAJOR death wobble to correct. (i think it might be the lack of a steering stablizer)

I have to watch the Huskies kill the Cougs Thanksgiving weekend.

can i just vote on all three, couse i have a tendancy to miss events couse of work or whathaveyou.

I voted for Thanks Giving Weekend, The one after works also.

If its thanks giving weekend, you guys thinking a Friday~sunday thing?

so not looking like a huge turn out this time. but thanksgiving weekend looks to be the weekend of choice. stay tuned for an official thread soon.

Count me in for the Thanksgiving Weekend.

Maybe we'll have another surprise snow run like last year.

PB250037.jpg

PB250051.jpg

i may have a slight problem guys. not sure if i'm gonna make this one after all. installed my new 5.5" rear springs today. now my damn shackles are hitting the rear body. so i think my only option is to go higher and get the boomarang shackles. which will put me at approx 7". which means i'll need new shocks, drivelines, and brake lines :smsoap: also not sure what it's gonna do to the steering angles.

1 week to get parts and only 1 weekend to get it all together.....we'll see how my luck is.

aussiewheeler said:
would it be easier to go back to some new 4.5 springs with a lift shackle

gonna cost me a fortune, but i think thats what i've decided to do. 4.5 full packs for the rear with 1.5" boomarang shackles. i already have 5.5" coils on the way from RE. i have a .75" spacer for the front also incase the winch sags the front a bit. still will need longer shocks,drivelines and possibly brakelines though. still trying to figure out what the steerings gonna do it's already stretched a fair amount, and i think the extra in the rear will require a shim cause i already have a slight vibe at high speeds.
:smsoap: aaaarrrrrrgggg!!!! damn! i love this hobby :D

p.s. if anyone needs some springs (coils and leafs) keep an eye on the 4 sale section in the next cpl weeks.
icon12.gif

WheelinJR said:
get someone to make you a shackle mount relocator.

you'll gain flex from being able to use a longer shackle, and you don't want to go to 7" anyways.

Are those bolt on? Or does it require someone welding it to the jeep?

Any pictures? I couldn't find any for an XJ on the web.

They would be easy to make it you had a picture or an idea of what they are supposed to look like, or how they fit.

I saw some for a YJ.. but none for a XJ

They aren't hard to make with basic understanding of fabrication and a little knowledge on suspension geometry.

There's a couple on this thread. But I can't understand why the second guy built one and then used a boomerang shackle. Kinda ruins the purpose

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=930868&highlight=shackle+relocated

more
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26837

and more, but this one only lowers, needed to go forward too, imo.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearLeafMounts.htm

Back