• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 intake mani on a 91.

millertime

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i just picked up a 99 intake mani for my 91 xj and im wondering what else I need to do the swap? I thought i read somewhere i need the newer style powersteering bracket is that true?

thanks,
-Jesse

xalexjx said:
i think you would need to run all new wires and a whole new ecu, thats more work then its worth i would think
It's not bad at all really, it bolts right up to the side of the head. All you have to do is move a few sensors and vacuum lines. It's an easy procedure.

90PioSport99 said:
It's not bad at all really, it bolts right up to the side of the head. All you have to do is move a few sensors and vacuum lines. It's an easy procedure.

he most not have read the intake mani part, i figured it was pretty simple but i wasnt sure.

Anyone know how much power you gain from the mani when you open it up to mach the throttle body?

thanks again guys,
-Jesse
:piratefla

According to the Go-jeep write up about 27hp and 16ftlb torque.

Inlet%20043.jpg

balloo93 said:
According to the Go-jeep write up about 27hp and 16ftlb torque.

Inlet%20043.jpg

Holy balls! that cant be just the mani swap?! Has anybody hurd anything about opening up the t/b area for a little more power? my friend said it gave another 5hp/tq or somwthing like that.

-Jesse

Regardless of how large it is, there will be a limitted amount of gain unless the TB is of equal diameter. Anything over 60mm on the TB and a new throttle plate is required.

true - it might gain some hp but it is minimal and it also depends what else you have on your rig - a good intake and freeflowing exhaust will definatly be needed to feel the full effect of port matching the TB - i have a k and n intake, tb sapcer (smooth bore) and hi flow cat and flowmaster muffler and i did not really feel any mopre power but a much better throttle response

Ya i have a custom made 3" snorkel with k&n filter, tb spacer, custom long tube header made by archer racing, highflow cat, and 2.5 exhaust. I guess will see after i get it in.

thanks guys!
-Jesse

Back