• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 axle shafts

Wow, were they bent while installed or sitting out somewhere?

If while installed, how the hell did that happen?

Yes, how did that happen? I usually snap the pinion off clean at the yoke.

just bought a set of alloy shafts.... $255 for the set, w/ bearings, and retainer plates

jeepinoutfitters was out of stock on the alloys(and still is) , so i went through 4x4rockshop.
they HAD rubicon retainers in stock(for use with crown vic discs), for $5, and were kind enough to press them on for me
however. they informed me my retainers were the last of their stock.... oh well

That's not a bad price.

I certainly NEED to dump these drum brakes and upgrade to discs. I found that out last weekend at the hammers. Virtually no braking while backing up on a decent incline. Scared the crap out of me a few times. I had to lay into the pedal with all my might to get her to stop.

DangerousJordan said:
somehow i bent, or somebody bent my rear xj dana 44 axleshafts, i have no idea what brands are good or bad for replacement shafts, what brand and where do i buy??

thanks

jordan

If you bent your axles, check your housing for straightness also. My XJ 44 housing was pretty tweeked from 2 years of abuse. They aren't that strong.

They come pre-drilled 5x4.5 and 5x5.5. If you call, they may be able to get them in 6 lug as well.

Back