• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

momo wheel switchback q's

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
so i am going back to a stock steering wheel after i have had the momo on my jeep for years. it is going on my galant vr4 for a much needed steering wheel update. anyways my question is what do i need to make the horn work on the stock setup? is there a rod and spring that contacts when the horn button is depressed? i haven't seen a stock setup for a while so i am shooting blanks here. any help would be great. thanks

How about giving us something to work with - say a year? That helps narrow down the major column types that were found in XJs.

You could also see what comes up under the search term clockspring or [horn button[/i].

Jim www.yuccaman.com

my bad, i didn't realize i wasn't very specific about my issue. i have a '91 with the three spoke circular horn button. would anyone be able to take a pic of whats underneath the horn button or tell me how it goes together? is it just a spring and pin? thanks

well, actually my galant doesn't have an airbag, and people replace their airbag equipped steering wheels all the time with a standard wheel. lets try to stay on topic. thanks

Back