• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upholstery replacement?

Ken M

NAXJA Forum User
I recently added a low-mile 2000 Cherokee SE 2-door to my fleet. The seats are not broken down like on my '93, but I would like to replace the vinyl upholstery with cloth. Shipping aftermarket seats to Alaska is cost-prohibitive; shipping costs as much as the seats. And unlike my old cloth-seated '93 Country, late model 2-doors in the wrecking yards seem to all have vinyl. Does anyone know of a source for replacement upholstery kits? Thanks.

Ken

Gray XJ said:
I orderd a set of the wet okole seat covers from quardartech, they are not cheap but i like mine.

I am thinking of ordering a set of these covers too. How long have you had them? How well do they fit? would you buy them again?

If you have had them for a while, how well have they held up to time and wear?

I have only had them a few weeks, they are real nice but dont fit as tight as I thought they would.Also my stock seats have that little pocket on the back to put stuff which these dont and you have to cut a few holes for the seat latch and the controls on the side for the power seats.They are super comfy though and will hold up to water and mud on them which is why I got em.

What I'm looking to do is remove the vinyl upholstery from the seats and replace it with cloth upholstery, rather than simply put seat covers on them. Leather is available for $800 plus shipping, but it really isn't much warmer or more breathable than vinyl. Maybe I'll have to check with a local upholstery shop.

Ken M said:
What I'm looking to do is remove the vinyl upholstery from the seats and replace it with cloth upholstery, rather than simply put seat covers on them. Leather is available for $800 plus shipping, but it really isn't much warmer or more breathable than vinyl. Maybe I'll have to check with a local upholstery shop.

where did you see that? was that for a full set?

I found a link to Northwest Auto Leather elsewhere here on the NAXJA boards and emailed them. They quoted me $800 for front and rear. I would really prefer cloth like my old '93 has, but that isn't a bad price.

Back