• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Locker Cable Routing

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing a pair of Ox-locked axles under my XJ, I'm a bit concerned about the front cable. The manual says to route it in as tight a radius as reasonable from the front diff cover around the outbd side of the coil and shock and back up into the unibody. The concern I have is that this makes for a long length of unsupported cable, and the natural proclivity for the cable to stay straight has it all but riding the inbd edge of the front tire. I zip-tied it to the shock, then realised that doesn't allow for much droop once the axle starts articulating off-road. Anyone else he have an Ox up front? How did you secure the cable here?

Here's mine...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

When I hada Dana30 the routing was similar. Never had an issues with the cable hitting the tire but it does get crunched by the banjo bolt on the brake caliper on full lock left hand turns.

Ah, thanks. Nice pics. Not sure I'm ready to fab that lower skidplate right now, but it's a great idea. I like the u-bolt in the frame routing for the upper part of the cable, allows it to slide up and down with the axle droop.

Back