• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel gauge

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and turned up nothing that really matches my issue.

I had a dummy light cluster and the fuel gauge didn't work (just got the truck...91 MJ) and I switched to a "gauge" cluster.
The fuel gauge still doesn't work...just sits on empty all the time. The 'low fuel' light is also always on. The gauge doesn't even move when I start the truck.

I know it's probably going to be a matter of tracking an electrical issue somewhere...just looking for other ideas before going through the hassle.

I know it's probably going to be a matter of tracking an electrical issue somewhere...just looking for other ideas before going through the hassle.
======================================================
Sorry, No short cuts here. Get under there and look from one end to the other. Check grounds and connection and wires in general. Repair/replace if it even look off. Watch closely for chop jobs on the wiring, but check it all. How are the turn signal and brake lights? Just get it all at once (IMO)

badron said:
======================================================
Sorry, No short cuts here. Get under there and look from one end to the other. Check grounds and connection and wires in general. Repair/replace if it even look off. Watch closely for chop jobs on the wiring, but check it all. How are the turn signal and brake lights? Just get it all at once (IMO)

Everything else on the truck works. I figured I was going to have to trace it all...yay. :)

Back