• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swaybar links

Serveck

NAXJA Forum User
seeing as i recently finished my 3" lift, i quickly realized having no swaybars is not that great on road. being extremely tippy and jumping when i hit a bump. i need new swaybar endlinks (not long enough obviously) but i do not want to spend 50$ just to link them. what i' asking is what home-brew end links do you guys recomend? preferably with instructions and parts less than 20$. i really need the swaybars because i still tow and even have a plow.

save up for the JKS quicker discos, well worth the money.

I don't have any pics, but a friend of mine made some with some metal rod. Use your imagination and your superior welding skills and presto!!

This is about 3$ in steel,but youll need a welder!
swaylink.jpg

i had used the almighty search button, but it did not come up with what i was looking for. i do not have access to a welder, and i dont really feel like spending 60$ to just connect 2 parts together. anyone know what i can fashion up from home depot? i just need a quick fix, because i need it all working before snowfalls.

Sometimes ya gotta pay to play. Since you have such a problem with driving without the swaybar (I ditched mine long ago @ 4.5") then I suggest you look again at the option of $60 to "just connect 2 parts together."

JKS Quicker Discos are great options.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

on road i can deal with it, but i have to run a plow in the winter, and it is very unstable with all the weight in the front. i seem to recall seeing a thread (here or jeep forum) showing a full walkthrough of a home brew quick disconnect that was easy to make, but i cannot find it.

You "can" make a set of "drop-brackets" for the chassis side of the sway bar, for now. Box tubing,a drill, and some longer bolts,all from the local home improvment place. Just a thought.

Back