• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Defrost foul-up

mountainbiker

NAXJA Forum User
When I run the defrost, I can only run it on low (1). If I run the fan any higher, there is a "fwapping" noise almost as if something is closing and I can't get any air to come out of the vent. The fan still runs but it sounds as if air is being restricted.

I have a 1997 4.0L 5-speed.

Any input? It is getting colder every day!

-Matt

my jeep has been like this from day one....I have traced all the lines and still nothing....maybe the ball under the bumper....or I think there was a TSB on the Door actuator one time.....I feel your pain brother!!!!!!!!! and it sucks!!

Blaine B. said:
You make a fun of Italians?

Hey, I'm about 30 minutes from ya.

Actualy that is WOP not WAP, as in With Out Papers!! The only reason I know is my Grandfather from Sicily told me!! :laugh3:

XJIDAHO said:
Actualy that is WOP not WAP, as in With Out Papers!! The only reason I know is my Grandfather from Sicily told me!! :laugh3:

Damn, you're right. My uncle told me last time I was down at his place in southern Louisana about 6 years ago :yelclap:

Back on track again....

The 'fwapping' noise sounds like you have debris in the fan area. Does it ONLY make this noise when in Defrost, or is it in all positions? Along those lines...do the HVAC doors move through all settings and still flow air correctly? If so, it doesn't sound like a vacuum problem.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back