• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone bent a bumper with a winch in the receiver?

Ukraine Train

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at bumpers such as the Rock Lizard with a receiver built in. It seems like putting a 9000lb winch in there is asking for trouble. If you're stuck bad enough to actually need all 9000lb I would think the bumper would want to just taco. Has anyone had experience with this?
100_3282.jpg

No experience with it but just looking at it, I would have to agree.

The main section of my front bumper is made out of 3/16 2x4 box steel. I'm not too worried about mine taco'ing. We made it ourselves and added the front reciever mount.

I too am going to have to agree, but at the same time, if the winch is near full load, or anywhere close to it, you're probably going to hear it start to yell. By using common sense I would think that a person would know when to stop winching and try something else...

BB1980 said:
The main section of my front bumper is made out of 3/16 2x4 box steel. I'm not too worried about mine taco'ing. We made it ourselves and added the front reciever mount.

I would be alot less worried about it if it was true "box" steel and not "C" channel as shown.

I agree. That channel bumper doesn't look like it would hold up to much winching resistance. Heres one pic I have on my computer of mine. I'll try to get some better pictures of mine up when its daylight.

xj6.JPG

Last edited:
Back