• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Swampa's

Which Swampa

• Irok Bias 37-14-R15

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • TSL Bias 38-12.5-R15

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • TSL Radial 36-12.5-R15

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Trxus M/t 35-12.5-R15

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • TSL/SX 36-12.5-R15 ($215/ea)

Votes: 17 17.7%

• Total voters

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
I have a choice of 5 different Super Swampers, all around $205/ea... But I'm wanting personal experiences on they perform and wear..

I will be driving this thing on stock tires for highway trips so most of the tires useage will be minor in-town and mostly trails.

I will bumpstop accordingly to tire size.

Last edited:
My TSL Bias plys are great on the trail, and have held up very well to daily driving.

billyjp2 said:
no boggers?

Not for the right sizes in my price range... or widths... its either a 10.50 or a 15.50

Poo on boggers

I didnt vote for a tire on the list.. here's why

36x13.5x15 Bias Irok --> OD = 36.8" CS = 14.5"

and your tire on the list..

37x14x15 Bias Irok --> OD = 36.5" CS = 14.7"

So the 36x13.5 is actually taller... but if you're going for the balloon look the 37x14 would be cool.

As for the TSL and TSL SX --> of those (2) I'd say TSL SX. BUT they're both shorter and weigh more than the IROK..

Just dont buy a radial... OR make sure you get the "road hazard" w/ it..

Oh and boggers just dont get you much around most of the places we wheel..

BTW: what axles/gears are you running?

I have heard the Irok's wear fast but If I go I'll get the 36's like you had, I liked the ones you run

Runnin 44/9" 4.88's at the first of the year..

ZacSquatch said:
I have heard the Irok's wear fast but If I go I'll get the 36's like you had, I liked the ones you run

Runnin 44/9" 4.88's at the first of the year..

Sounds like a plan.. If you're not running a spool in the back and dont drive a whole lot on the street they'll last you for awhile...

Many people think they wear fast but in reality they just dont come from the factory with as much tread depth as a TSL or what not but I cannot even tell mine are worn any at all.. I still have all (5) steps on them..

ALSO, when I drove them on the road I had them balanced and they were just as quite as some AT's I've owned and rode great even at 75...

I'd go Irok unless you want to spend $325.00/ea for some Creepys..

Stock 9" shafts and spools don't do well anyways. I'm plannin on runnin rear open til I break one and get a locker and shafts all at once.

Rocks, mud, dirt, stumps... n00bs

well since you're not going to be running them on the street much, I'd say your best bet would be the three bias ply tires you're listing.

My Q78 TSLs are fine on the road, but I don't daily drive it that often (only when other jeep is busted.) However, I also have a set of BFG ATs for it, because I don't want to destroy good tires on something stupid like pavement.

Radial TSLs and truxus MTs are both good compromise tires.

I doubt that you'd be disappointed by any of the tires that you listed.

Main thing is.... like a lot of people... the more rubber for the money is my line of thinking... how cheap can i get away with making my penis look smaller

Radials are the devil.

the guys i wheel with have a variety of different swampers. the ones that go the best have tall, narrow TSL bias ply's on them. Q78-15's (35.5/10.5/15's) are the size they run. I wouldn't consider running radials for over 34's but i'm looking at getting a set of TrXus's 31/10's for mine next.

I think the best tire Interco makes is the TSL SX. It outperformed every tire made in Arkansas rocks and mud. The choice you gave had different height tires and a taller crappy tire will outperform the smaller great tire most of the time. So if money is the issue then go for the tallest one that will fit your rig and your budget.

The TSL Bias is hard to beat....have a set on the Heep....pretty tough (I spent a day crawling some crushed cars....got some nicks and cuts, but nothing leaks).... and pulls very well in mud....The Trxus is little more than a A/T tire and the Irok is of little serious use in thick mud (relatively tiny lugs and not a lot of lug height).... I hear the SX is tougher, but no personal experience....just make sure you have enuff gear (and motor) for those tires.

Last edited:
Stumpalump said:
I think the best tire Interco makes is the TSL SX. It outperformed every tire made in Arkansas rocks and mud. The choice you gave had different height tires and a taller crappy tire will outperform the smaller great tire most of the time. So if money is the issue then go for the tallest one that will fit your rig and your budget.
While on the tire subject. I know they are a mortgage payment. Give us some of your thoughts on your Krawlers.

Back