• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x 12.5 x 15 on stock rims?

Yeah, but your gonna rub like hell on your LCA's and swaybar links when you turn, Also theres a lot more chance you'll break the bead if you air down. But It can be done... I think.

EDIT: I thought about it and I think the stock rim would be too skinny to run a 12.5" tire on. Although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Last edited:
they will fit fine I run a 36 12.5 on a 7 " rim. The skinner rim will not pop the bead easier than a wider rim. the force of the tire compressing actualy forces the bead into the rim bead making it very tough to pop off the bead

Trail Xj said:
they will fit fine I run a 36 12.5 on a 7 " rim. The skinner rim will not pop the bead easier than a wider rim. the force of the tire compressing actualy forces the bead into the rim bead making it very tough to pop off the bead

Well.
That shut me up.

thats too bad. I besides a large lift and tires I wanted to keep the jeep as original as possible. But I could use wheel spacers right, like spider trax?

with 12.5 inch wide tires plus wheel spaces you may be pushin the tread outside of the fender and fender flares which some states can be pretty strict about. im running 33x12.5x15 bfg m/t's on american racing wagon wheels and the fit great, dont rub and the tuck under the stock flares nicely

The backspacing on the stock rims will hurt you, but some 1.5" spacers will bring them out just far enough. These are 35x12.50 on Ford 7" rims with like 4 or 4.25" backspacing, which is right about where spacers will put you.

i221580_58845.jpg

i221574_95689.jpg

i520058_1069.jpg

i283042_54064.jpg

icu_runnin said:
Man that first pic is a mushy looking MTR. what were you running 10 psi?

Yeah...10-12. I don't remember for sure. It was off camber to the pass side and turning left, so all the load was on that tire. Nice, eh?;)

Back