• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long day

Archdukeferdinand

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was planning on putting some longer shackles, shocks, new mainleafs, and dakota/chevy brakelines to even out my junk at 5"

The leaf eye bolts all came out easily save for one on a '97 rust belt vehicle, and the one that was tedious was only that. I was prepared to be cutting access panels and putting in some new weldnuts, so getting all 4 bolts out without major damage was a success. A combo of impact, heat, 3/4" ratchet and most of a can of pb blaster did the the job.

Today I was adding some RE 3.5" main leafs that a shop sold me as leftovers after they did a lift and kept the main leaf to save time. 2"shackles were also going on.

I got everything back together and now the rear (already had a 3" AAL) sits dead even with the RE 3.5" coils and 1" spacer in the front. Plenty of clearance for the 33x12.50s with my trimmed fenders.

Feeling pretty good about things and a bit hasty to get going, I went to take the hardline off of the old brake hose and wouldn't you know it? The fitting is siezed and my monkey hands didn't realize it until it was too late.

The day had gone so well, so I drove to advance and bought all their hardline. I know what I'm doing tomorrow after work.

Don't you just hate doing something like that where you know it could have been prevented?

Last edited:
Back