• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Trip report & pic's

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i am way to tired and lazy to do a complete recap of this one just yet. i will say this was a fantastic trip! HUGE group. was great to see some of the new folks out on the trail as well as our visitors from the north. here are a few pic's to tide folks over for a bit.

100_0171.jpg

100_0170.jpg

100_0173.jpg

100_0174.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0206.jpg

100_0229.jpg

is it possible to bend 3 tie rods in one trip ? We'll go for a new record next time.

J/K its soooo time to upgrade. Thanks for a great trip everyone. :wave1:

yeah it was definitely a good trip with a good turn out. Hopefully next run i can stay both nights though
Next time I will have to make sure to torque down my trackbar more and make sure my shocks are tighter lol

Last edited:
Nice turnout indeed. Looks like theres some pretty well built rigs there. I wish I could have made it. And three tie rods? Me thinks an upgrade is in the future for ya.

Whoever's XJ that is thats white, grey and black camo, I think I saw them at Fred Myers on 82nd and Johnson Creek today. Pretty nice if its the one.

mojojojo said:
100_0229.jpg

is it possible to bend 3 tie rods in one trip ? We'll go for a new record next time.

J/K its soooo time to upgrade. Thanks for a great trip everyone. :wave1:

Rod, Did you really bend another tie rod? or was that someone elses?
How have you done each of them, that isn't just bent, how do you bend it that much without knowing it is happening?

Wish I could have been there guys, I lookforward to my next trip to TSF!!

Did anyone run the crushers?

Michael

No, Michael, he didn't bend another tie-rod. He bent TWO!

The trails were SUPER sloppy and slick. Certainly a different animal when the Oregon clay gets wet. We ran a bunch of trails, though the only new one that surprised me was Archers Firebreak. There were a few obstacles where full throttle and tire speed was all that would get you through.

A bunch of us tried Little Rubicon and nobody was able to make it. Pathatten burned off several thousand miles of tire tread, I bent my unibody (a lot more) and a rim during a 2nd gear 5000 RPM attempt that ended up eating my fan shroud and Rod lost #2 tie-rod of the night. Lots of fun!

One of the cooler obstacles on Archers was one I hadn't run before called Waterfall. There are several lines, and almost all were impossible. There was just so much rain it was difficult to get any traction.

A Toyota that was running with us (on 40" Bias-Ply Iroks and 250:1 low range gearing) was able to make a few optional lines, and ran all of Crushers. Pat also ran the upper section and made it his bitch (though it took his fender as payment). I was hoping to run it also, but my front driveshaft was hitting my LA's and I didn't want to get stranded on crushers with 2WD.

Anyway, great trip, and it was great to put some names to faces. Looking forward to wheeling with you guys again in the future!

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I was hoping to run it also, but my front driveshaft was hitting my LA's and I didn't want to get stranded on crushers with 2WD.
-----Matt-----

Hasn't that been a problem all summer? I thought a new set of arms were installed by now.

Looks like it was a sweet run. That Portland rain was a bitch this weekend.... But I was playing with BMW race cars indoors instead.

both times were impact type bends. not the usuall rock hit type. As Matt stated 5K and lots of momentum were pretty much a requirment to get up waterfall and mini rubi, and well, with the combination of the front end slamming down, wheel spin, pitch black, the nose pointing 50 degrees upward and then having to drag it up to "somewhat" flat ground for repair with the tires pointing not so friendly directions. voila'

Metal Thrasher said:
Hasn't that been a problem all summer? I thought a new set of arms were installed by now.
It's been an issue since the HP D44 went under the front end. No matter what's tried, the DS keeps touching. I heard it impact twice this weekend and didn't want to press my luck 300 miles from home.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything besides a totally new LA kit will solve the problem...and I just don't feel like spending the money right now.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
A bunch of us tried Little Rubicon and nobody was able to make it. Pathatten burned off several thousand miles of tire tread, I bent my unibody (a lot more) and a rim during a 2nd gear 5000 RPM attempt that ended up eating my fan shroud and Rod lost #2 tie-rod of the night. Lots of fun!

I have more damage from last night than I thought. When we stopped for food on the way home I noticed that my front end is wavey and my bumper is pushed in. Tons of fun though, the 4.88s and lockers rocked this weekend.

It looks like a great week end was had by all there... Wow, I just did the waterfall last month totally dry though..:) But when it rains there, it's a whole different trail system. I love the winter trail runs... next time.

WaXJ_Skier said:
I have more damage from last night than I thought. When we stopped for food on the way home I noticed that my front end is wavey and my bumper is pushed in. Tons of fun though, the 4.88s and lockers rocked this weekend.

still on 31s?

Back