• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low Washer Light needs to go away

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I constantly get the "Low Washer" light comming on, even when the washer bottle is near full. Goes on about every time I turn a corner, or when I'm wheeling.

Any way to get rid of it? I'm not hugely concerned about my level of washer fluid.

I have the same problem . I unplugged it .

Usually when I'm out of fluid , it stops squirting it . It only took me a year to figger that out . :dunno:

Matthew Currie said:
The float gets waterlogged, but even if you try to replace it it doesn't always work. I pulled the plug too.

do you pull the plug on top of the bottle or is it elsewhere?

The sensor plugs in to the bottle on my '96. I ignored it for a while, then unplugged it. The problem is that the sensor is located too high on the bottle, mines not even half empty when it gets to the sensor.

Those are magnetic float switces they only complete a circuit, just unplug em or do like I did get 4 or 5 from the bone yard. Odd's are one of em is good. Although the newer ones do have the bottle in the fender not sure how easy that would be.

Yeah, when trimming my fenders ('98) I cut into the bottle. I thought - "No big deal, I've used it maybe twice in the year that I've had it". Then I got in and cranked it up. Do I really need an idiot light to tell me my washer fluid is low?!?

jmowens said:
Yeah, when trimming my fenders ('98) I cut into the bottle. I thought - "No big deal, I've used it maybe twice in the year that I've had it". Then I got in and cranked it up. Do I really need an idiot light to tell me my washer fluid is low?!?

I guess Jeep never thought highly of its buyers

Of all the things they could invent and put on a XJ they came up with Low Window Washer Fluid? The first time I was like - you're kidding. Not a trans temp gauge or something useful?

I know what the Chrysler engineers decided to do with the low washer fluid sensor. My wife's Grand Cherokee has the same silly sensor--on the antifreeze overflow bottle! Hey, why waste a perfectly good float sensor? AMC must have bought a bunch in bulk.

I agree trans temp would have been great, but living working where it can snow 8 months out of a year does make it nice to know that you are running low on fluid before you get the nice frosted salt on the windows.:D It's not hard going through a gallon a week here.

Back