• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these fit stock?

AdamGriffiths

NAXJA Forum User
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/441348841.html

I am in need of tires that will fit my 99 Cherokee Sport. It is all stock at this point and I am saving my pennies to do the lift and tires right.

Problem is it needs tires now. I am looking for a cheep set that will fit now that will be relpaced soon when the lift is done to make more room.

If these won't fit (lug pattern, tire size etc.), any other suggestions? I imagine I can do the Pep Boys special $99 a tire deal if I have to, but I still go wheelin with it stock.
Thanks-
Adam

They'll fit. They'll rub on the control arms when the steering wheel is at full lock. They'll rub in a lot of places if you wheel and flex the suspension to the max. If you don't disconnect your front swaybar, and wheel big rocks, you should get away with it for awhile.

Fred

Google Hi-tec retreads... You can get a stock size M/T for 55-65 and only 15 per tire for shipping

Dunlop, BFG , Kumho and Goodyear all make a 235/75r15 in the Mud Terrains

They might fit, but they are going to rub a fair amount. I have them on a 3.5'' lift. Although, Im not cutting the fenders at all. Cut until they fit.

P1010610.jpg

Starboard M said:
They might fit, but they are going to rub a fair amount. I have them on a 3.5'' lift. Although, Im not cutting the fenders at all. Cut until they fit.

P1010610.jpg

OOOooo pretty. It looks nice, I have the same rims and some Toyo A/T's on my 98-2 door, but I'm at 2" of lift and I rub.

I have a set of Rubie wheels and tires for after I lift my '01 sport.

It's on stock Upcountry suspension now so that's about 1" over "stock" stock. I tried out the Rubicon wheels/tires over the weekend. With the sway bar connected it was OK in the front, but the rear rubbed the back of the wheel well pretty bad. I put a little flex on it and immediately pulled off the right rear bumper/quarter panel plastic doohicky.

I wouldn't put 'em on there without some lift, although it's probably OK if your just going to the Mall and back, just don't try to climb any curbs...

Doug

Back