• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

made some quick disconnects

Ukraine Train

NAXJA Forum User
I started out by modifiying the stock end links to use a removable pin but the studs broke when I tried removing the nuts from the top. So today I made these. The 5/8" rod ends are overkill but I had them handy, though I had to turn down the lower pin where it goes through the axle bracket to 1/2".
qd1.jpg

installed
qd2.jpg

I eventually want to put the sway bar back up to the factory location on the frame so I'll just have to extend the threaded rod holding the two rod ends together.
qd3.jpg

those sway bar relocation brackets suck, you cant run the front oem skid, so you end up killing alternators during water crossings =\

The front skid only helps some. I've had my entire front end sitting in silty/semi-muddy water for almost five minutes with no damage. It's the junk the water leaves behind that kills them--not the water itself (unless there's something wrong with it in the first place). To keep on topic, nice discos.

Why would you even make a post if you are not referring to the disco's he made... Those look really good where did you get the ends? Also about how much would this cost if I went out and bought the parts?

jeeper01 said:
Why would you even make a post if you are not referring to the disco's he made... Those look really good where did you get the ends? Also about how much would this cost if I went out and bought the parts?

x2. They look beefy.

I have no idea on prices. There's a fab shop where I work and I scrounged up all the parts from there. There's a company I used to get rod ends from called Aurora Bearings. I think they have a website so you can maybe check that. I did have one issue with these this weekend. The lower rod end sits really close the ear on the axle and I think there was enough interference there to pull out the bushing that holds the ball from the rod end. It pulled out about 3/8". It still works but if you guys make something similar then I suggest putting a spacer between the ear and the rod end to give the ball joint more room to flex.

I agree on the sway bar drop bracket, too. I actually fried my alternator yesterday while wheeling. I wanted to relocate it back to the OE location but the screws that go into the frame are really rusty and I didn't want to risk breaking them until I have time to repair it right.

If you want to ditch the drop brackets and go stock, you can reuse the stock links and just pick up some 10mm Heims and run them.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/12

I've had mine on for a few years now and they have held up great. I did go with a smooth tappered bolt and got rid of the threaded bolt.

I believe I only paid around $20 for both heim ends.

Back