• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Seals

Bitapaul

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for the window seals for the vent windows and the regular door windows that go up and down. Mine are all weathered and leaking on my 1990 XJ, and the Jeep dealer says the seals are discontinued!

OEM is best, but aftermarket OK. Please let me know if any of you know a source, winter is coming in MN and I need to seal this thing up!:shiver:

Thanx!

Paul

got mine at the dealer for my 89. i doubt there discontinued. dealer may be lazy

try quadratech, they carry oem parts(crown).

They are out there Dealer will have them. Be ready to pay big big bucks it was about 450.00 for the whole kit to do all the windows.

teamcherokee.com has oem sets inner and outer, 2dr ($60) and 4dr ($119) for 84-96. The inner pieces are one-piece that include the vent windows. I'm not sure what is involved in replacing the outer vent seals.

I haven't gotten around to replacing mine yet but I see that they now offer a tool to help remove the wipes. A bit pricey at $19 but I guess possibly worth it depending on how difficult is to get them out.

If you just need the outer wipes, I would give them a call and see if they will sell just those. Also, Chryslerpartsdirect.com and no doubt some of the other online oem suppliers sell the inner and outer separately but you may have to give them a call to sort out exactly what they have available -- their web site is not always accurate or easy to decipher. They have been very helpful in helping me track down some obscure parts.

Pelican said:
teamcherokee.com has oem sets inner and outer, 2dr ($60) and 4dr ($119) for 84-96. The inner pieces are one-piece that include the vent windows. I'm not sure what is involved in replacing the outer vent seals.

I'm in the middle of doing all my windows and door. $400 sounds about right for all of the seals. Be sure and check your order when it comes though, since mine was missing a seal I ordered.

The wing vent (for operable wing windows) was probably the hardest to replace. Takes a bit of noodling to see how it fits. Do one side, and then the other.

A lot of work, but it sure is a lot quiter (and drier) in my '89

Back