• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want the cooling fan to turn on @ 210*

T&A-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
and not 220*+..

This is on a 96, has anyone tricked the PCM to read a slightly lower resistance (as to not effect the A/F ratio) on the CTS to make this possible? Adjustable CTS? Inline filter? ect?

For some reason I like the idea of the engine running 200-210 instead of 210-220+, must be because I am used to my 90 Xj running at 190* or so all the time no matter how hard I beat on it. Any ideas or am I wasting my time even thinking about it.

Thanks,

Tim

Put in an over ride switch & turn it on when you want. JIM.

My attempt at not using a second sensor/switch doesnt seem to be possible. If only the resistance value increased as the temp increased it would be simple.

Wiring in a manual switch would work but I am looking for something automatic that I cant forget about. Adding a temp switch is my remaining option, I just need to find a location for the sensor that I like.

T&A-XJ said:
My attempt at not using a second sensor/switch doesnt seem to be possible. If only the resistance value increased as the temp increased it would be simple.

Wiring in a manual switch would work but I am looking for something automatic that I cant forget about. Adding a temp switch is my remaining option, I just need to find a location for the sensor that I like.

Check out Summit or Jeg's - you can usually get an aluminum coupling for radiator hoses that has a bung - threaded 3/8"NPT (which is what most temperature sensors are threaded.) Problem solved - just cut about 2-3" out of the upper hose somewhere straight, and put that in.

Gives you about the same 'sense' you'd have with the OEM sensor in the thermostat housing anyhow.

Back