• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

those with h-n-t using front shafts

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Does this sound long enough to use in the rear?

30 3/4" COLLAPSED AND 33 1/4" EXTENDED. 2" DIAMETER.

It's from an 00 cherokee but don't know if it's an auto or manual. I hear the auto's are the ones i want.

yeah that's why im asking about the length cuz i dont know if its from an auto or not, just know about the length of it. I thought someone may have measured theirs and would know.

Why don't you measure the front shaft of the vehicle it's going onto and compare them? ;)--------Hans

what height lift? I use a front ds on a 4.5" lifted jeep with a 242/8.25/aw4 and no problems, I wish it were 1" longer but its good to go

Oatmeal said:
Why don't you measure the front shaft of the vehicle it's going onto and compare them? ;)--------Hans

well it's pouring out there and just thought someone might've known so i wouldn't have to go out there and get soaked. :)

ricot83 said:
what height lift? I use a front ds on a 4.5" lifted jeep with a 242/8.25/aw4 and no problems, I wish it were 1" longer but its good to go

still undecided. More likely a 3.5 but a 4.5 is possible.

muddeprived said:
well it's pouring out there and just thought someone might've known so i wouldn't have to go out there and get soaked. :)
Gotcha! I don't blame you. I've worked on vehicles in the pouring rain........no fun!---------Hans

I have the AW4, NP242 and a D44 combo with about 4" of lift and did the H & T leaving about 1.75" of splines on the output yoke. I found that the front shaft is a probably a tad too long for optimal use in the rear, but I took it on the trail and flexed it out and the slip joint does not bind so it should be good to go.

That sounds about right for what my front shaft measured out to.

There was a post a while back with the lengths of drive shafts from all years XJ, any one else remeber it?

Back