• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

04 and up chrysler stereo in 98 XJ Sport?

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang.

I searched but nothing popped up.

I'm thinking about upgrading my stock stereo system to a newer chrysler kind. Reason being, I like to keep the interior looking as stock as possible and most aftermarket units are either single din or double as opposed to 1.5 din like we have. Now 04 and up Grand Cherokee or the magnums have stereos with AUX input. Which means I can plug my iPod into it.

Anyway, my question is whats the difference in wiring diagram? I know it's not plug and play because newer ones have different plugs on the back. What do you suggest I do?

it is possible...you need to get a special wiring harness

i know you can put an RB seiries in to one (that is oval faced) and you can get a harness from the dealer... you will have to seach for part number...you should also be able to get a harness to run a newer one off of the rb series

I would do a search under "RB1"

yes, with some bezel modifications and the right harness- any radio will fit...
dsc09461dj3.jpg

I thought about the rb1, but I heard there were problems with the speed sensor wiring.. And the rb1 needs it to work

blackhawk411 said:
I'm thinking about upgrading my stock stereo system to a newer chrysler kind. Reason being, I like to keep the interior looking as stock as possible... Now 04 and up Grand Cherokee or the magnums have stereos with AUX input. Which means I can plug my iPod into it.
You can plug your iPod into the stereo you have now. You can't get any more stock looking than that.

STD1_F8V366-APL.jpg

the newer chrysler radios (04 and up Dodge Nitro/magnum/ or Jeep stereos) are 1.5 dins right? Because there's no point of me buying a headunit from Jeep if it's just 2 din.

Back