• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Electrical or Relay Problem

rastamon

NAXJA Forum User
I've an 87 XJ 4.0 and for whatever reason, i have no in dash lights, turn signals, parking lights, or blower.
when i run some jumpers over from a hot accessory port in the fuse block, everything begins working the way it should.
the fuses are all good, but i pull them out when i put in the jumbers.
I am not sure where to go with this or what to do to make it work the way it should. I have been trying to see some sort of diagrams on wiring or relays, but havent found anything. if anyone knows which relays i might look into replacing, that would be great.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

rastamon said:
I've an 87 XJ 4.0 and for whatever reason, i have no in dash lights, turn signals, parking lights, or blower.
when i run some jumpers over from a hot accessory port in the fuse block, everything begins working the way it should.
the fuses are all good, but i pull them out when i put in the jumbers.
I am not sure where to go with this or what to do to make it work the way it should. I have been trying to see some sort of diagrams on wiring or relays, but havent found anything. if anyone knows which relays i might look into replacing, that would be great.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

No relays. Ignition switch or ignition switch wiring (I've had both problems.)

yup, found it out shortly after i posted this. me and my darn impatience. sorry. it was the ign switch. $11.48 and 45 minutes later, all better.

thanks for the help

Back