• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slip Yoke Part Number

Dave41079

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched till I'm blue in the fingers. I am going to be doing the go.jeep SYE pretty soon, but I need to find the yoke. Does anyone have a part number or specific vehicle it comes off of. Every 27 spline yoke I find has closed ears instead of holes for cap bolts to hold the u-joint on. They all look like this.

tci-967300_w.jpg

Instead of like this.

SYE11.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really wanted a vehicle, because I planned on going to a junkyard to find one. There are plenty of junkyards around here, and I know I could probably pull one for less than $20 instead of $120.

The pinion side is like what you are looking for...have to check the spline count.

Any driveline shop will have the slip yoke your looking for and should only cost $40 ish

kunaji said:
That is NOT the correct one.

This is the correct one and where to buy it.
http://www.driveshaft.com/catalogs_type.htm?type=Transmission+Yokes
part no. is 3103-27CV
Why are you so sure that, that one is the correct one and not the one that Marcus (they guy that came up with this conversion) mentions in his write up? Looking over the specs of the two, the one that you recommend is an inch longer but, otherwise the same.......you'd be cutting them down anyway so, what is the relevance :dunno: ----------Hans

J-Roc said:
gojeep got his yoke from Tom Woods. I just emailed him and he quoted me $120 for the yoke
That has gone up a lot then as I only paid $60 in January 2006 from him!

Well yeah now that you made the write up he figures people are going to be trying this route for a cheaper SYE so he jacked up the price. Supply and demand.

Gojeep said:
That has gone up a lot then as I only paid $60 in January 2006 from him!
supply and demand my ass, Marcus designed something better then the junk tom sells and now he needs to make back profit that he is losing because people have grown balls to attempt to do this on their own.

I didnt say it was a good thing but I guess he feels if this is what is going to start selling then he needs to make money some how.

called my local drive shaft place and they can't get anything (backorder) and it was not u-bolt style. It wasn't strap it was something else... $40 CAD though and it would except a double cardan joint. This is ridiculous with the cost of a Tom Wood's yoke

It is impossible that he is the only one that can buy these yokes because clearly he doesn't make them himself...

I have fired off a few e-mails to different places I'll post back when I get some answers and #'s

As for now I am boycotting Tom Woods because his price is a gouge and a half

I am gonna go out into the ware house and do some looking to see what I can find. Does any one have any dimensions?

Back