• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail drives over Christmas Holiday

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
Due to my fiance having to be in the USA for a meeting on Jan 2, I'm going to be in California Dec 22 to Jan 1 with her. Our family will be busy doing family things back home, but we are going wheeling instead. I'm currently researching trails, but I wondered if there were any that are best avoided in December due to snow. Or any that shouldn't be missed if it snows.

Vince said:
Due to my fiance having to be in the USA for a meeting on Jan 2, I'm going to be in California Dec 22 to Jan 1 with her. Our family will be busy doing family things back home, but we are going wheeling instead. I'm currently researching trails, but I wondered if there were any that are best avoided in December due to snow. Or any that shouldn't be missed if it snows.

What part of Calilfornia are you visiting? What type of vehicle will you have?

Doesn't matter what he has, if hes here in Dec./Jan hes going to Truckhaven!!
And if he doesn't care about a little metal damage :D he can do the Hammers..
or...wait...this is even bettor....GLAMIS!! on NEWYEARS!!
I'll be out at Gordons Well for Newyears...your more than
welcome to come on out with my crew...if you don't mind
drinking COLD beer! :D
Rick R

Vince said:

Vince, are you still going to the Moab Fall Fling..and getting married? Have you found a place to store your Jeep?

Yeah, still getting married in Moab and still going to the Fall Fling. We will probably be leaving for home on Friday via Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and the Pomona show.

Both of our Jeeps are running 35's, ARBs and Clayton lifts. I found indoor storage for them yesterday, the TJ is staying in California until Christmas and the XJ until Easter. We are coming back to Moab for EJS 2007 and then spending the rest of 2007 at work paying for it all. We didn't think anyone would be interested in wheeling with us on Christmas day which was why we decided to keep the TJ in the US a little longer.

I have got years of experience of Jeeping in mud, water, snow and sand, but less than 14 days on dry rock. I have wanted to drive the hammer trails for years but I've never seen them in person before and guess I need to 'graduate' on something a little less extreme first. I intend to spend some time in Area BFE before leaving Moab. I also need to get some seat time to get comfortable with my XJ's new lift. I'm not sure how it's going to behave with the rear coils offroad, and it's my first time with manual lockers. I'm going to enjoy gradually raising my game each day as I gain more experience on this type of terrain.

Glamis for New Years sounds fun!

Back