• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My First Jeep Built Tell me how I did!

Ballard88xx

NAXJA Forum User
Well, It my First Jeep Build Started with a 2000 Cherokee Sport that was wrecked in the Hach area and rear pass. door. So I thought it was worth it a Jeep that Run and no rust or any thing for $500 well i can work with that! I need a new hunting rig any ways! So the Sparks Started to fly. and about 4 months Later i have me a Pretty Sweet looking Jeep in my Eye's Its Lifted 3" about a bastard pack in there Rear and 3 x 2 Pipe Bell it worked Great if you what any more infor let me kno! its O.D Green. This week Im adding a Top Rack on it and a Set of Rock Gaurds. Tell me what you think How I did. O by the way Im only 17 :yap: O Its my Hunting Buggy

PHOT0034.jpg

PHOT0032.jpg

PHOT0033-1.jpg

PHOT0035.jpg

PHOT0036.jpg

Last edited:
Tanks Guys, Ya the Rear window could be bigger but i could only make it Longer due to the Bracing in the Rear. I wish i would of takin pictures of it before but o well, all the Black you see it Sprayed on Bed liner and the whole under side i sprayed too. I had a lot of Fun i just need more idea's to do more!!! The Spare tire is going on top of the Roof when i get the Rack made and im puttin a light bar on it also.

I maybe would have cut alil lower in the back, just above the body line, and used a yota back glass of a MJ back glass. But other than that it looks nice. I like the color. How did they wreck the top back and nothing else? Back into a tree up high or somthing?

Heres the Story on the Wreck, The Kid that had it was Playing on the ice with it and it Broke Threw on him, So he called the Wrecker to get it out and the wrecker driver told him just to open the back doors and run the Strap threw the back doors so he did and it Pulled the back piller in and the Door jams on the Rear doors and broke all the glass out of the back. and Since the jeep was in the water a little the Strap was high. and the Wrecker Driver just Laughed! at it and said o well it out. it only got a little water in the front of it so it was nothing big.

Ya the Body Line is higher Becuse i had to make Room For my Gun Cases in the Back of it. or it would of been lower.

So the dude got stuck and tried to recover by running a cable thru the back seat and pulled with another vehicle? or the wrecker guy did that?

Yes the Wrecker Guy told him he has done it many times so he did it. So the Moral of the story is Dont lisen to some one if they tell you to Run the Strap threw the Back doors :D But the Wrecker was not Straight he was to one side so it pulled on a Angle also

The wrecker guy pulled him out? Holy hell! He would have paid for the whole damn thing! If the wrecker guy would have suggested that I did that then I would have suggested that he just left and I would have someone else that was competent enough to come join me.

Dude thats sweet. I love how you did the back. The only things I would sugest, like the others, is a bigger back window, and a bumper that has a swing out thing so you could mount a spare tire and gas can on it. Other than that, NICLEY DONE!

Oh and another thing, get some black Crager rims on that! That would look mean as hell.

Front bumper looks like something out of Jurassic Park, but overall it looks good. Throw a 4.5" lift and some 35s on it and wheel it!

Ya i whant to go a little Higher lift wise. And the Spare Tire thing...Thats a Good idea i might have to do that! i have been looking for a place for my Gas can! and the Spare tire i think will be to much that high! good thinking

Reinforce the unibody?

No i didnt get to crazy with it.. i might add some things but not going to go nuts with it i have to have a Reason to build another one!

Wow man. Sweet rig. I wish I coulda had the setting to build a rig like that when I was 17. Spend $200 on some black steel rims, the alloys(?) look sorta outta place.
I'd just accessorize the hell outta it now.
And it's for hunting, damn I'm jealous.

Back