PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

jonnywong
October 16th, 2007, 18:06
I know very little about exhausts, so forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject. I need a new exhaust on my 95 XJ, everything from the catalytic converter back. My friend has a 95 zj with a 4.0l and a newer exhaust. He is getting rid of the jeep for parts and I am curious if this exhaust will fit on my XJ. I took a look at it and it seems like it would fit, but i want to ask some people who would know more about this. And also what would be a good asking price for it? im pretty sure it will work but better safe than sorry...

dyna
October 16th, 2007, 19:55
Ya might try looking up tail pipes etc at napa or something and see if they list the same part number. Sounds screwy maybe but the only time I was in Midas or ??? one of the big chain shops they never custom bend anything, it was always look up a part number in a catalog and grab the bend off the rack.

lancey3
October 16th, 2007, 19:57
if you're lifted i would get it from the downpipe back. the stock downpipe is crush bent to the max.

jonnywong
October 17th, 2007, 15:23
running a 3" lift but this exhaust will be of a stock ZJ, i think as long as the pipe diameter is the same (2.5" i think) then its really only a matter of the tail pipe fitting in there correctly?