• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust question

jonnywong

NAXJA Forum User
I know very little about exhausts, so forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject. I need a new exhaust on my 95 XJ, everything from the catalytic converter back. My friend has a 95 zj with a 4.0l and a newer exhaust. He is getting rid of the jeep for parts and I am curious if this exhaust will fit on my XJ. I took a look at it and it seems like it would fit, but i want to ask some people who would know more about this. And also what would be a good asking price for it? im pretty sure it will work but better safe than sorry...

Ya might try looking up tail pipes etc at napa or something and see if they list the same part number. Sounds screwy maybe but the only time I was in Midas or ??? one of the big chain shops they never custom bend anything, it was always look up a part number in a catalog and grab the bend off the rack.

if you're lifted i would get it from the downpipe back. the stock downpipe is crush bent to the max.

running a 3" lift but this exhaust will be of a stock ZJ, i think as long as the pipe diameter is the same (2.5" i think) then its really only a matter of the tail pipe fitting in there correctly?

Back