• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used Currie 9" - What's it worth?

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a used Currie 9" which appears to have never been run and am trying to work out a good price

Currie 9-plus set up with TJ suspension brackets, 31 spline performance axles, and Explorer disk brakes. It's a standard 3rd member with 3.55 gears and a TrueTrac (both useless for me. . .).

3XJFamily said:
I'm looking at a used Currie 9" which appears to have never been run and am trying to work out a good price

Currie 9-plus set up with TJ suspension brackets, 31 spline performance axles, and Explorer disk brakes. It's a standard 3rd member with 3.55 gears and a TrueTrac (both useless for me. . .).

Well, you already said the gears/LSD are useless to you, and you are going to have to cut off the TJ suspension brackets and weld on leaf perches to make it work in the rear of the XJ, so you are basically paying for the housing, shafts and brakes.

If you can get it cheap ($150-250) and are willing to put the effort into regearing and welding on new suspension bracketry, I'd go for it.

Sell it to someone with a TJ. Putting those brackets on a 9" is a PITA. You could probably get quite a bit for it, and use the money to build up something else for your rig. You could probably get at least $300 for the housing, the center section is going to be a little harder to sell because of the gears.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of modifying it for leafs - I'm thinking of it for either a project Jeep with coils in the back or just to sell to someone with a TJ - The 8.8's are getting harder to find around here and pricier.

Figure all of the fab work is done for coils plus alloy axles and Disk brakes - and this one is setup with a centered yoke rather than the offset on a 8.8 - over $1400 in parts without the 3rd member. About $3K for the axle delivered. . .

Back