• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving Handbrake

Indertdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I recieved a secondhand auxillary tank today.

The real problem is that where the tank will fit (passengers side aft of transfer case support in between tunnel and chassis rail) is where the handbrake assembly is. The bolts for the assembly line up perfectly with bolts for the tank (plus I will have to drill through the flour and bolt under seat on the tunnel side).
So I have to move the handbrake cable assembly. I assume that the tank is designed for a petrol and the handbrake on a petrol is on the other side? I don't know?

Might need to clarify. I am in australia. Our passenger side is your drivers side. A handbrake you may call an emergency brake. The on you pull on with your hand!

G'day,

You may want to look into the MJ E-brake. It is a foot pedal and will bolt into a XJ cab. Will be a real tight fit if you have a standard tranny. I don't know about the export Comanches , but it is an option you may look into,

Pigpen

I relocated the cable stays for my parking brake back about 2.5" about 5 or 6 CM? and extended the threaded rod that connects to the cables. This was done for more parking brake cable flex but it might move the cable stays far enough out of the way for your tank.

Back