• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and CV-shaft

Snottus

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I've been doing quite a lot of reading lately, because I now want to upgrade my XJ even more. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2405004/1 This is what I've done with my ride thus far.

However, this time around, I wanna go for a 6" lift and 33x12.5 tires, which craves wee bit more attention to additional modifications.

I've gathered quite a lot of information from the various forums out there, but I still feel the need to ask a couple of stupid questions too many, 'stead of just rushing headfirst into a wall.

Metaphors aside, here are the questions I was hoping you could assist me with. There are a lot of SYE-kits out there, but I would like to have one recomended. I understand that this will be based upon personal opinions, but considering the fact that most of you prolly know a lot more than me, that's ok..:) So, which SYE-kit should I get? (have a NP231 transfer-case)

I've been looking at various CV-shafts, however, I struggle to figure out which length I should go for. With a 6" lift and 33" tires on a '99 XJ, how long must the shaft be?

Except for new bumpstops, are there any additional instalations I should consider if I go ahead and get myself a Skyjacker 6" liftkit? Oh, and how long should the bumpstops be?

Considering the fact that I have a 2,5 Turbo Diesel engine, I've had a hard time finding a snorkel for my car, any ideas?

I'm asking all these questions for various reasons, one of them being I live in Norway. Since I order all my parts from either 4WD or Quadratec, there's nasty shipingtime involved, so I prefer ordering everything I need in one batch..:)

i have the advance adapters sye and a tom woods shaft combo from rustys it was like $400 or around there. its a good kit in my opinion but they have expensive shipping

Even though your an ocean away call Tom Wood's. He will take the time to explain it all and get you the correct driveline. It also helps he is a sponsor of NAXJA.

You say youve been following the forums???Stay around for awhile longer and youll hear all about the "good" kits(no skycrapper)!PORC probably has the best price on SYE kits but JB Conversions is a great USA made unit at a great price!

Back