• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift/Tire/Wheel Dilemma

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
Alrighty, here's the facts: I'm gonna be installing an RE 3.5" Superflex lift. I have available to me (for free) a set of 265/75/16 Michelin X Radial LT tires and a set of stock 16x7 (5.75" BS) Jeep steelies. Question: are these tires overly wide for these wheels (tires measure out to around 10.50" I believe)? And, will I have a great risk of rubbing on the RE LCA's on full lock?

Tires should be fine for the wheels as far as width goes but 265s are basically 32s (depending, 31s). With a true 32" tire you would be rubbing LCAs and need bumpstoppage with a 3.5" lift. If they are closer to 31s... you should be OK with the RE LCAs.
Go for it. You might rub at lock but shouldn't be too bad.

That backspacing sounds like Jeep TJ wheels. You may need spacers if you run those wheels and tires. Only one way to really know.....

If you can get them for FREE.... you have nothing to lose.

You may need to trim the sheetmetal and bumpstop accordingly...

Good Luck!

RenegadeStang said:
Alrighty, here's the facts: I'm gonna be installing an RE 3.5" Superflex lift. I have available to me (for free) a set of 265/75/16 Michelin X Radial LT tires and a set of stock 16x7 (5.75" BS) Jeep steelies. Question: are these tires overly wide for these wheels (tires measure out to around 10.50" I believe)? And, will I have a great risk of rubbing on the RE LCA's on full lock?
31x10.5 tires on stock 15x7's rub the lower control arms.

look into shimming the steering stops, you'll lose a little bit of turning radius.

stu-offroad.com used to have a writeup.

Back