• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! evaporator replacement, mystery broken wire.

darjevon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

Does anyone know what this is? In my passenger footwell fuse panel there is a broken red wire with blue 15a fuse inline. I think I broke it yesterday pulling the heater box. Does anyone know what it is? I will post some pics, if anyone can identify it I will be eternally grateful...

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

That's an aftermarket add on. Looks like all you did was pull the B+ side out of the fuse panel. My guess is, the PO slipped it under one of the existing panel fuse legs for power.

Finish what you are doing and leave it off for now. If you find something that doesn't work, then you know what the fuse was for.

this is on a 99.

I don't see how it could be aftermarket because the PO was a middle aged woman, and the original owner and the car was totally stock when I got it.

When I removed the tranny tunnel cover, i found that she also left me $67.06 in quarters in the space beneath the tranny shifter, the 4wd shifter, and the parking brake! Amusingly, that covers most of the cost of this project.

Oh wait... my XJ has an aftermarket sunroof! Can somebody please tell my where to plug this back in?

thanks so much for your help... Electrical systems are NOT my forte, obviously.

darjevon said:
this is on a 99.

I don't see how it could be aftermarket because the PO was a middle aged woman, and the original owner and the car was totally stock when I got it.

When I removed the tranny tunnel cover, i found that she also left me $67.06 in quarters in the space beneath the tranny shifter, the 4wd shifter, and the parking brake! Amusingly, that covers most of the cost of this project.
I would almost guarantee you that is an add on of some sort. The owner may not have done it, but a shop or someone did I think. Also on the $67...you're exaggerating right?

I'm not exaggerating; I counted 67.06 so far and there are a few still down there in more stubborn locations that I'm gonna work on later. lately it had become extremely difficult to shift into 4lo and I thought something was up, but, upon closer inspection... well you know.

Anyway on second thought it's def the lead to my sunroof; where do I plug it back in?

Back