• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Road Package?

dirtjunkie99

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a 98 Cherokee classic. This is the fourth cherokee I've owned, but I noticed the gas tank has a solid steel skid plate, it didn't have a rear sway bar, and there is also a steel skid plate up front to protect the steering junk. None of my other cherokees were like this. And im pretty sure the old man i bought it from didn't do it? so what the hell? where would this stuff come from? the factory?

I just got an '01 with the Up Country package, that's what you have. Mine has the HD cooling system, AUX transmission oil cooler, Trac-lok and some other goodies too.

I went to the local dealer and had them print out a build sheet, do that and you'll have no doubt what it came with.

Doug

i had an 89 with up-country. i didn't get any rear tow hooks though. i had 1" lift, gas tank and t-case skid but no steering skid, 231 t-case, hd cooling, aux trans cooler, rear swing away tire carrier, probably other stuff too but i can't think of anything.

With the 1" lift, are the coils up front raised as well? I'm asking this because I'm wondering if it's worth it to go from up-country cherokee coil springs to regular v8 grand cherokee coil springs.

codyj86 said:
i had an 89 with up-country. i didn't get any rear tow hooks though. i had 1" lift, gas tank and t-case skid but no steering skid, 231 t-case, hd cooling, aux trans cooler, rear swing away tire carrier, probably other stuff too but i can't think of anything.

Yep I have an 88 that had all that. Of course I've stripped off part of it and replaced with stouter stuff. I don't know if it had a 1 inch lift or not. I have since replaced the stock suspension, a half dozen changes actually over the years.

Back